Dear Colleagues,

It is with pleasure that I announce the new issue of 设计 She Ji. The Journal of Design, Economics, and Innovation. Volume 2, Number 3 is available on our open access web site at URL:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/24058726

This issue contains these articles:

What is Good for General Motors is Bad for America: The 2009 Bailout Through the Lens of Heskett’s Design-Oriented Theory of Value by Cameron M. Weber

Examining the Types of Knowledge Claims Made in Design Research by Jordan Beck and Erik Stolterman

Can College Rankings Be Believed? by Meredith Davis, with commentary articles.

University Rankings and the Coming of the Auto-Industrial Age by Peter Murphy,
Outstanding in Your Field by Pradeep Sharma,
University Rankings Need Improvement by Ninghua Zhong, and
College Rankings: Can't Love 'Em, Can't Leave ‘Em by Carma Gorman,
along with an Author's Response,
Making Judgments of Educational Quality by Meredith Davis

In addition, we have Zen and the Art of University Rankings in Art and Design by Scott Thompson-Whiteside

“In Conversation” features Christian Bason on Design for Public Service talking with Maria Camacho

And a Review of Guy Julier’s Economies of Design by Cees de Bont.

You can read them online or download them in .pdf format at

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/24058726

Best regards,

Ken

Ken Friedman, PhD, DSc (hc), FDRS | Editor-in-Chief | 设计 She Ji. The Journal of Design, Economics, and Innovation | Published by Tongji University in Cooperation with Elsevier | URL: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/she-ji-the-journal-of-design-economics-and-innovation/

Chair Professor of Design Innovation Studies | College of Design and Innovation | Tongji University | Shanghai, China ||| University Distinguished Professor | Centre for Design Innovation | Swinburne University of Technology | Melbourne, Australia

Email [log in to unmask] | Academia http://swinburne.academia.edu/KenFriedman | D&I http://tjdi.tongji.edu.cn