Hi Loesja,

I run Zineopolis at Portsmouth uni, we collect art zines, but I have been getting a collection of mental health art zines together slowly. (Many on anxiety issues). Be nice to chat sometime as we may have some common ground.

Yes, a meet up would be great, I'm happy to travel to London. Maybe we can find a day in the next couple of months?

Jackie

On Thu, 20 Apr 2017 at 12:15, Holly Callaghan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi Loesja.

I met with Nicola and Melanie recently and the new zine collection at Wellcome sounds really exciting!

I think this group is long overdue another meet up. I know it's been difficult to organise something in the past as we are a small group scattered across the UK and Ireland but I'd be really keen to try and organise something again soon.

And if you have any questions about collection, cataloguing, storage, access and all those things then do post in the group and we can all do our best to share our experiences.

Holly

-----Original Message-----
From: UK Zine Librarians [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Loesja Vigour
Sent: 20 April 2017 11:44
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Zinegreet

Hello Zine Librarians,

I just wanted to introduce myself as one of the Librarians at Wellcome Library who is developing a small zine collection with Nicola Cook and Melanie Grant, both of whom are also subscribed to this thread :-)

We're collecting zines focused around the broad themes of health, medicine and wellbeing, which we will eventually display as an open access and interactive collection in the physical Library.

We're all a bit new to this game, but we know lots of you are seasoned zine collectors, and we'd love to meet you (virtually or IRL), greet you, and pick your brains to collaborate on all things zine! So, any events, talks, visits, fests, conferences you're going to and that you know are worth us attending too - throw them our way, as we'd love to attend.

Nice to meet you all :-)

Loesja.

Please note that any information sent, received or held by Tate may be disclosed under the Freedom of Information Act 2000
--
Dr Jackie Batey, MA, PhD, FHEA - Course Leader MA Illustration
School of Art and Design, The University of Portsmouth - Eldon Building

This is a Calm Inbox: email is checked once in the AM and once in the PM.
MA Catalogue 2016: MA Illustration catalogue 2016