Dear Philip,

If your preprocessed images are in MNI space (ie the space of the
atlas), then you can use the "reslice only" option of Coregister to
reslice your images to match the atlas.
It might not be necessary though: the spm_atlas.m function will give you
labels from a set of regions without having to do any explicit
reslicing, and it should be compatible with the AAL atlas.
Having a brief look at the link you sent, it seems that the preprocessed
data are not in a standard space (eg MNI) so you would have to estimate
this transformation first (using Segment/Normalise).

Best regards,
Guillaume.

--
Guillaume Flandin, PhD