Dear T.I,

I assume you are using the SPM12 MEX files from the download link I gave
you last week, right?
I do not manage to reproduce the error with MATLAB R2017a, but I still
use an older version of OS X (10.9.5).
Could you try compiling the MEX files yourself following the
instructions given here:

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/SPM/Installation_on_64bit_Mac_OS_%28Intel%29#Compilation
Otherwise, any chance you could use any older version of MATLAB, the
time we figure out a robust way to provide compiled MEX files for Mac
that will run on various OS and MATLAB versions.
A quick search shows it seems to be a widespread issue:
  https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/gurobi/XEkbyEafTIE
  http://ask.cvxr.com/t/cvx-failed-on-my-mac/4020
  http://www.dynare.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14705

Best regards,