This is an email sent via the SHCG List. If you reply to this message, your message will be sent to all the people on the list, not just the author of this message.
---------------

Dear all,

Are you an early or mid-career professional working in a museum or heritage site? Are you looking to enhance your skills or find new opportunities to do something different? SHCG is looking for new Trustees this year and you may be who we are looking for. There are a variety of posts available and opportunities to get involved with SHCG's core activities such as marketing and partnerships, web editing, and journal editing.

Fantastic CPD opportunities await!

What some previous committee members have said...

"Ultimately it led to my current job, looking after social history collections"
"It has given me new skills and networking opportunities"
"It gave me increased confidence in organising events"

All you need for a role on committee is solid organisational skills. For full role descriptions please visit http://www.shcg.org.uk/Committee. Please note that we're only looking for ordinary members this year (so not Chair, Treasurer or Secretary).

New committee members are appointed at AGM each year in June as part of the SHCG conference - this year's AGM will be held in Reading on Thursday 29 June.

Please find attached to this email the nomination form - further information and a copy of this form is also available on the SHCG website<http://www.shcg.org.uk/news?item=101>.

You can nominate yourself this year, so all you need to do is find a Proposer. Your Proposer can be your line manager, a colleague, a current member of the Board of Trustees, your AMA Mentor or another suitably competent museum professional. All nominees must be an individual or institutional member of SHCG. If you are not already a member, it is really easy to become a member and submit your nomination. Please contact Adam Bell ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>), our membership secretary, for details.

This year's nominations need to be submitted by Friday 2nd June - please email your form to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

**If you wish to submit a nomination after this date, then the nominee and their Proposer will need to be present at AGM in Reading on Thursday 29 June.**

You do not have to attend AGM to be considered for election, but you do need to get your form to me by Friday 2nd June.

Expand your networks as a member of SHCG Board of Trustees!  You won't regret it!

With best wishes
Verity

Verity Smith
SHCG Secretary
www.shcg.org.uk<http://www.shcg.org.uk>
Follow us @SHCG1
Like us on Facebook

Charity No. 1157994 and SC045254
Registered address: c/o Verulamium Museum, St Michaels Street, ST ALBANS, AL3 4SW
Enquiries: [log in to unmask]<https://smgmail.sciencemuseum.ac.uk/owa/redir.aspx?SURL=NWbyKlZQVF0K5GmbznDA-28a3qsx9347i18IH5TMORiCC8y0srTTCG0AYQBpAGwAdABvADoAZQBuAHEAdQBpAHIAeQBzAGgAYwBnAEAAZwBtAGEAaQBsAC4AYwBvAG0A&URL=mailto%3aenquiryshcg%40gmail.com>
Website: www.shcg.org.uk<https://smgmail.sciencemuseum.ac.uk/owa/redir.aspx?SURL=DcFjuUtqJ0yr1NITRPfZre6sGv0_RB9tZeFU5txJ-82CC8y0srTTCGgAdAB0AHAAOgAvAC8AdwB3AHcALgBzAGgAYwBnAC4AbwByAGcALgB1AGsALwA.&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.shcg.org.uk%2f>
This e-mail and attachments are intended for the named addressee only and are confidential.

If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender immediately, delete the
message from your computer system and destroy any copies.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and may not reflect
the views of the Science Museum Group

The SHCG list is provided for members of Social History Curators Group to discuss subjects relevant to social history in museums. To join SHCG visit www.shcg.org.uk . Opinions expressed in this email are the responsibility of the author and are not necessarily shared by SHCG. To leave the list do not reply to this message but send an email to [log in to unmask] with a blank subject line and these words as the body of the email: SIGNOFF SHCG-LIST