Good afternoon,

I'm currently writing a paper about sensitive data etc., and I am particularly interested in cases where researchers can share their data with certain other researchers or research groups. While there are options for restricting access to data to certain individuals and showing ways to apply for access etc. to sensitive datasets via repositories or archives etc., I was wondering if there are any systems in place for cases where metadata for datasets cannot be made discoverable to all? E.g. how do appropriate internal researchers know about the existence of datasets aside from general word of mouth if the metadata cannot be made openly available?

Many thanks for your help!

Kirstine