Oh Patrick

you’ve started something with that. I won’t go back to clay, but have a real fountain pen, * do, usually, write a first daft (not that they always get changed than much, but sometimes…).

Have certainly seen people reading from their smartphones (which I don’t have; but could use my i-pod or). I transferred a sounding piece to my I-pod & except for th pace between the tens, it looked pretty much as on paper ( as we adjust our eyes to the new surface?).

A big hmmnnn….? to it all…

Doug
> On Apr 26, 2017, at 6:44 AM, Lawrence Upton <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> Oh yes. I'm all for it. Whatever it is!
> In the last hour or two I have been looking at a piece apparently written
> on to a mobile recording device 15 years ago -- although I have a faint
> suspicion that I wrote it as if I were transcribing... I can hardly
> remember it.
> I agree with you about trying to track the origins et cetera. Wherever it
> comes from in us, let's trackit once it's out!
> *
> There's plenty of mumbling from people with sheets of typescript -- I won't
> even spend time considering the possibility of remembering. Remembering?
> And , while I know some who can deliver a fine reading from a smartphone,
> it seems more likely that they won't

> On 26 April 2017 at 13:31, Bill Wootton <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> Heathen knights, Patrick would now make use of lances for selfie sticks no
>> doubt. Lawrence, when I rattle out poems on ipad, I still save versions of
>> them and send them to desktop. Good to know where stuff came from and
>> sometimes the freshness of early drafts still trumps stuff much-mucked
>> with.
>>
>> Bill
>>
>> On Wed, 26 Apr 2017 at 8:25 PM, Lawrence Upton <[log in to unmask]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I've experienced this poems on a mobile phone stuff.
>>> One bit of me finds it exciting -- in some ways
>>> but it seems to make sense of the words spaced out meaningfully
>> impossible
>>> and negates benefits of redrafting -- thinking now of evidence of
>>> benefitting writing skills by printing out and redrafting that was known
>>> maybe 30 years ago -- but that's been lost or subsumed into "computers
>> are
>>> good" and now what I think of as idiots' phones subsume even that
>>>
>>> I tried, at a workshop, to express this a while back. The young person
>>> addressed listened very politely and then said "but I don't know about
>>> that"

>> once
>> on

>>> I've
>> your
>> might
>>> go

Douglas Barbour
https://eclecticruckus.wordpress.com/

Recent publications: (With Sheila E Murphy) Continuations & Continuations 2 (UofAPress).
Recording Dates (Rubicon Press).
Listen. If (UofAPress):

and as you read
the sea is turning its dark pages