Dear Colleagues,
I went through the questionnaire.
Like many questionnaires, it has some validating questions first and then you go to what it matters.
And what matters in this study is to know more about some educated people's (we) perception about ethical issues that may rise during, as Ken described as 1) practice based research, 2) practice led research, 3) artistic research.
The English translation of Recherche-Creation as Research-Creation is a little bit misleading, but the definition in the introduction is coherent with what Ken has described.

In the introduction we read: recherche-creation as: « les activités ou démarches de recherche favorisant la création ou l’interprétation d’œuvres littéraires ou artistiques de quelque type que ce soit ».
So what we are dealing with here is a research type or filo that was developed minding especially the creation or interpretation of literary works or art works.

This does not mean that the questionnaire is about art or literature. Or, for what is worth, that is about engineering, biology, physics or tourism.

The study is about ethical issues in a type of research in which something is created by “practice” while the research is done (and was first developed for art and literature). A type of research that, by definition has a dual result: something created and a research outcome (go through the query and you will understand this more clearly).

The authors clarify that they want to broad the ambit of something that was born as pertaining to art and literature that may or might be enlarged to encapsulate other fields.
It is not indifferent that not one person in the team that is making the questionnaire is an artist. I’m not saying this as a complaint. On the contrary. The interest of people from sciences is acknowledging the existence of the Filo of research-creation is quite interesting. Phil’s work in Sociology will naturally bring a sociological flavor to it, as well as his design background.

So including, the discussion about my creativity is bigger than yours, although interesting, since art will always win at least in its social perception, is not the issue here.
This study is about ethical issues in research.
Please concentrate on that.

Thanks for the initiative,
Eduardo

Eduardo Corte-Real