The Whirlwind is a well known biblical image, most notably in the Book of Job, where God appears to Job from out of a whirlwind and in 2 Cronicles where Elijah is lifted up in a whirlwind. I have been searching for good examples of whirlwind images in medieval art and so far have only be able to locate one possible (see "Exhibit B" at https://listoffigures.wordpress.com/tag/tornado/).

I would be grateful to anyone on the list who can guide me to any primary medieval sources on whirlwinds (of any type including tornados, waterspouts, dust-devils and so-on) in texts, illuminations or any artwork of the period.

Thanks

Richard J Legault