Hi Everyone,

I’m afraid I have to agree with David on this point -  though you have my full sympathies Fiona. Academic freedom is paramount and this was posted on a public UK JISCMAIL list so as subscribers we should also have some protection as well. However, this isn’t a dig at you John about censorship, I also appreciate your position. I think we should use this as an example to say in future that as long as the post is legal, they should not be removed just because someone objects (and we can read between the lines about the reasons here).

Regards

Paul

From: Rooney, Stephen G. [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 26 April 2017 09:28
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Please help me remove this post.

Indeed – thank you, John.

Fiona – solidarity and good wishes. I’m truly sorry you’ve been put in this difficult situation. I’m sure we all share your dismay and alarm at what has happened and how, but also appreciate, and empathise with, the precarious position individuals find themselves in. I hope you’re getting appropriate support and advice.

All the best,

Steve