*** Please share with any interested students at your university/school!***

ECOS Student Article Competition webpage

Do you have an interest in the conservation of nature?
Do you have something to say about it?
Do you want us to help you say it?

ECOS: A Review of Conservation, published by the British Association of Nature Conservationists, provides leading edge comment on policies and debates and challenges in nature conservation.  The journal is widely read by people involved in conservation across Britain. This is your chance to influence them and build your profile as you begin your career.

All submitted articles will be included on a register on the ECOS-BANC website. This archive will be maintained and will hold all entries that pass the judges’ standard.  Six commended articles will be published in a special edition of ECOS in September 2017. Alongside this, all submitted articles which our editorial team feel have something valuable to say about conservation will be published on BANC’s website.

How to enter

Download the competition guidelines

Want to read some example ECOS articles to help you? Please visit our Open Access page to sample ECOS for free, or consider joining BANC to get free access to the whole archive.

Who can submit an article?

If you are an HND, undergraduate or postgraduate student at any UK academic institution, or if you completed a course within the past year, you are eligible and we’d be pleased to have your contribution.

What are we expecting?

We are looking for thought-provoking, original essays on any aspect of nature conservation. The maximum word count we can accept is 1500.

For detailed information, download our competition guidelines here.

The competition closing date is 30 June 2017. Download the competition guidelines to find out how to send us your entry.

Queries? Please contact Emily and Heather at [log in to unmask]

We'd like to thank the competition sponsors, Conservation Careers and Green and Blue, for their support.

With best wishes and thanks
The BANC Council

On behalf of the British Association of Nature Conservationists (BANC).

W: www.banc.org.uk
F: wwwfacebook.com/ukconservation
T: @ukconservation

The British Association of Nature Conservationists is registered in England & Wales as a charity (number 327595) and limited company (number 2136042).

Registered office: c/o Blackdown Hills AONB, St lvel House, Station Road, Hemyock, Cullompton EX15 3SJ.