*** Please share with any interested students at your university/school!***
ECOS Student Article Competition webpage
<http://www.banc.org.uk/competition/>
*Do you have an interest in the conservation of nature?*
*Do you have something to say about it?*
*Do you want us to help you say it?*

*ECOS: A Review of Conservation*, published by the British Association of
Nature Conservationists, provides leading edge comment on policies and
debates and challenges in nature conservation.  The journal is widely read
by people involved in conservation across Britain. This is your chance to
influence them and build your profile as you begin your career.

All submitted articles will be included on a register on the *ECOS*-BANC
website. This archive will be maintained and will hold all entries that
pass the judges’ standard.  Six commended articles will be published in a
special edition of *ECOS* in September 2017. Alongside this, all submitted
articles which our editorial team feel have something valuable to say about
conservation will be published on BANC’s website.
*How to enter*

*Download the competition guidelines
<https://www.banc.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Submitting-your-article-to-the-competition.pdf>*

Want to read some example *ECOS* articles to help you? Please visit our Open
Access page <https://www.banc.org.uk/open-access-articles/> to sample ECOS
for free, or consider joining BANC <https://www.banc.org.uk/join-banc/> to
get free access to the whole archive.
*Who can submit an article?*

If you are an HND, undergraduate or postgraduate student at any UK academic
institution, or if you completed a course within the past year, you are
eligible and we’d be pleased to have your contribution.
*What are we expecting?*

We are looking for thought-provoking, original essays on any aspect of
nature conservation. The maximum word count we can accept is 1500.

For detailed information, download our competition guidelines here.

*The competition closing date is 30 June 2017. Download the competition
guidelines
<https://www.banc.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Submitting-your-article-to-the-competition.pdf>
to find out how to send us your entry.  *

*Queries? Please contact Emily and Heather at [log in to unmask]
We'd like to thank the competition sponsors, Conservation Careers
<http://www.conservation-careers.com/> and Green and Blue
<https://greenandblue.co.uk/>, for their support.

With best wishes and thanks
The BANC Council

On behalf of the British Association of Nature Conservationists (BANC).

W: www.banc.org.uk
F: wwwfacebook.com/ukconservation
T: @ukconservation

*The British Association of Nature Conservationists is registered in
England & Wales as a charity (number *327595*) and limited company (number
2136042).*

*Registered office: **c/o Blackdown Hills AONB, **St lvel House, **Station
Road, **Hemyock, **Cullompton **EX15 3SJ.*

<https://elsnerrc.com/>
<https://ch.linkedin.com/pub/emily-adams/b2/833/b22>