From: A general library and information science list for news and discussion. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Library Chat
Sent: 27 April 2017 12:55
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: #uklibchat 2nd May 2017 6:30 – 8:30 BST Topic: SWOT in Libraries

Dear All, *apologies for cross posting*

Our next chat is all about how we analyse the Strengths, Weakness, Opportunities and Threats within our libraries.

For this month’s chat, we wish to expand this analysis into a discussion about not only our libraries but us as librarians, our own Strengths & Weakness, how we utilise the Opportunities that come our way and find solutions when a Threat is upon us.

Please see the Agenda <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1e3nnCIc7mAN6Gi2eQ7J5rsvVudIGBxDZyI7quwtfb54/edit?usp=sharing> where you can add your questions, these questions shall then be used in our Twitter chat.

This chat stemmed from a larger piece that was published by Libfocus<http://www.libfocus.com/p/about.html>

Libfocus is a communal blog with a broad and open-minded take on the subject of library and information management.

Last year Martin O’ Connor<https://twitter.com/martinoconnor3?lang=en> asked a number of librarians and those from related fields, what they saw as the main SWOT(s) facing libraries and librarians. From this article, #uklibchat have extended this discussion and we hope you can all join us on the 2nd of May 2017 at 6:30 pm BST to carry on a conversation about this important topic.