Hi,

I’m hoping the hive mind can help me with this conundrum. I’ve got a canal milestone recorded on the HER, but it’s been defaced so as to remove the place-names. It’s believed that this was done as an anti-invasion measure during the early months of the Second World War. I’m not aware of a suitable thesaurus term to cover this form of defacement and was considering adding a catch all candidate (Anti Invasion Measure). Any suggestions as to how others could or have dealt with this would be appreciated.

Thanks and best wishes

Rob

Rob Edwards
Historic Environment Records Officer
Cheshire Archaeology Planning Advisory Service

Tel: 01244 973667

Email: [log in to unmask]

Location: The Forum, Chester, Cheshire, CH1 2HS.

Disclaimer:

If you are not the intended recipient of this email (and any attachment), please inform the sender by return email and destroy all copies. Unauthorised access, use, disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted.
The views expressed by the author do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of Cheshire West and Chester Borough Council. The Council cannot guarantee that this message or any attachment is virus free or has not been intercepted and amended. You should perform your own virus checks.
Cheshire West and Chester Borough Council may monitor emails and as a public sector organisation; the Council may disclose this email (or any response to it) under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
Contracts cannot be concluded with the Council nor service effected by email, unless otherwise expressly agreed. The contents of this e-mail may be subject to privilege.