I can recommend this residential seminar to post-graduate researchers and anyone else with an interest in contemporary literary publishing in Germany. The bursaries are generous, the programme excellent, and the company stimulating.

Dear Colleagues,

There's still time to become part of the 2017 Notre Dame Berlin Seminar!

This year's program promises to be especially interesting.

We will have meetings and seminars with Marcel Beyer, Michael Lentz, Silke Scheuerann, Nico Bleutge, Ulrich Woelk, Lother Müller, and many others.

In addition, we have organized on-site visits to Suhrkamp, Matthes & Seitz, as well as the Literaturinstitut Leipzig. Indeed, we'll make an overnight trip (from Berlin) to Leipzig to enjoy other aspects of the city as well.

We are looking forward to reprising our meeting with the senior staff at the Tagesspiegel, an extraordinary opportunity to watch as the editor-in-chief decides with the staff what the newspaper will cover that day.

The NDBS offers plenty of down time to process the discussions, meet with other participants, and to get to know Berlin.

We aim to provide participants something we simply can't get outside Germany: in-depth access to writers, critics, publishers, archivists, radio journalists, and many others involved in the contemporary German literary and cultural scene.

Thanks to a generous grant from the Max Kade Foundation, we can offer participants a flight subsidy (reimbursement) of up to $1200. Admitted graduate students receive a further $500 subsidy toward the tuition fee of $1K.

Check out what last year's participants had to say, and access the easy application (a letter plus c.v.) at our website below. The process is quick, and we are conducting rolling admissions; so you will be able to plan your summer without delay.

http://www.notredameberlinseminar.org

Join the NDBS class of 2017 and become a cultural insider to the German Literaturbetrieb.

Best wishes,
Bill

William Collins Donahue
John J. Cavanaugh, CSC, Professor of the Humanities
Chair, Department of Russian & German
318 O'Shaughnessy Hall
germanandrussian.nd.edu.