Hi Kirsty

At Arnos Vale Cemetery we have a variety of hires. We do corporate and charity.

In our outdoor learning space we do 40/60 income split.

Key questions are:

1.    Who uses your spaces?

Our buildings we sometimes allow use for free in exchange for something back. Ie bat walk in exchange for bat group usage, writers group for a story session etc.

2.    Do you charge? If so, how do you decided what to charge – is it the same fee for everyone

Depends on the group. If they are charity and its a quiet day (not school hols, or Friday or Sat) they get low or no charge.

3.    How do you decide who uses the room?

Discussion with events tram

4.    Do you offer rooms on short-term or long-term basis eg an ongoing relationship or ad-hoc?

Ad hoc. Don't want to jepodise larger incomes

5.    What are the benefits/problems encountered?

Benefits: extra public engagement events via resource exchange, strengthen local communities

Problens: missing out on larger incomes if events bookings come up after. Often a bit disorganised (volunteer or small staff)

I know it's not a museum but it may help

Janine

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Fri, 28 Apr 2017 at 13:05, Kirsty Sullivan
We are exploring options for allowing external groups to use our learning rooms (non-commercial – this is outside corporate hospitality, birthday parties etc) and wondered who else was doing something similar – we are thinking along the lines of community groups, art groups, charities, NCT, that sort of thing.

Key questions are:

1.    Who uses your spaces?

2.    Do you charge? If so, how do you decided what to charge – is it the same fee for everyone?

3.    How do you decide who uses the room?

4.    Do you offer rooms on short-term or long-term basis eg an ongoing relationship or ad-hoc?

5.    What are the benefits/problems encountered?

This is something new for us, so any and all input would be great. Happy to collate and share responses, of course.

Have a great weekend!

Thanks

Kirsty

Kirsty Sullivan
Programme Manager (Schools)
Museum of London Docklands
West India Quay
London E14 4AL
Tel: 020 7001 9835
Email: [log in to unmask]
www.museumoflondon.org.uk

P Before printing, please think about the environment