Hello all,

I wanted to let you know about a free CPD opportunity we are hosting at the Hull Maritime Museum on Thursday 27 April (11.15am –4pm). The dramatic sculptures Poppies: Wave and Weeping Window by artist Paul Cummins and designer Tom Piper, are currently touring sites across the United Kingdom.  Previously seen at the Tower Of London as part of the installation Blood Swept Lands and Seas of Red, Poppies: Weeping Window will be on display at the Hull Maritime Museum until 14 May 2017.

Led by 14-18 NOW, we are inviting teachers and cultural education practitioners to participate in a free CPD event. The session will provide:

·         Classroom strategies using the sculpture for promoting pupil talk

·         Literacy, history and art focused activities to generate rich writing outcomes

·         Practical lesson plans for using the sculptures as a platform to explore the First World War and local history units

·         A take-away teacher’s pack with a raft of lesson plans across KS2-3 as well as opportunities for linked school visits

The full flyer for the event is attached.

To book your free place, please contact the Heritage Learning office on 01482 318733 or [log in to unmask]. Lunch will be provided on the day so please state your dietary requirements when booking.

Please feel free to share wider with your networks.

Kind regards,

Zoe

Zoe Martin

Heritage Learning Education Programme Developer

Heritage Learning
35 High Street
Hull
HU1 1NQ

T: 01482 616650
E:

Visit our website for schools at www.heritage-learning.com

NEW consultancy website coming soon!

Like Heritage-Learning on Facebook, or follow us @HeritageLearn on Twitter!

Heritage Learning is an independent self-funding organisation that sits within the Hull Culture and Leisure Company.  Heritage Learning operates on a not-for-profit basis.

cid:image001.png@01D2B44C.5A1CB270