I think if you can offer some training in advance, they could conduct some
oral history interviews to adult visitors - set questionnaires could be
provided. Or if not specific oral history interviewing, some kind of
audience development work such as evaluation forms or membership
fundraising? Both don't require in-depth training if the offers are kept
simple. It is also worth finding out about their level of Historical
knowledge connected to the museum and tie some activities with those
specific people e.g. for collection-handling activities.  Obviously,
children are a no-go if they don't have DBS approvals.

Good luck! you have a strong opportunity to devise some spontaneous
volunteering!!

Mary (Marette) Hickford

07811 337958

Linked In: uk.linkedin.com/in/missmhickford/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/MaretteHickford