Ah - I should've went back to the manual page.. For some reason I had the impression cluster couldnt do this. thank you!

From: FSL - FMRIB's Software Library [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Eugene Duff [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 01 April 2017 22:47
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [FSL] Creating mask from localiser scan - selecting a cluster / exclude others

Hi Robert,

Check out the cluster tool (https://fsl.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/fsl/fslwiki/Cluster) - this should help you get want you want.

Best

Eugene

On 31 March 2017 at 18:19, Rob Mok <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Dear Experts,

I'd like to make ROI masks based on a localiser scan. Using the uncorrected zstat images, I have clear clusters for the areas of interest, but there are also a lot of other clusters (sometimes large sometimes small) that I would like to exclude from this mask.

I have done this before using the following command which takes all values above a threshold to make a mask (but the localiser mask I was using did not have other clusters at this threshold so was not a problem):

fslmaths zstat1.nii.gz -thr 3.5 -bin output_mask.nii.gz

I also know I can find the info about the clusters in an image by using the Cluster function. Could I select one of the clusters, either in FSL view or using some function (e.g. cluster) and create an ROI mask?

Thank you
Rob