Dear Colleagues,

Apologies if you have had this information in a different format, but I'm writing to let you know about some workshops that are running in Leeds on Thursday May 11th, which may be of interest if you have any students with dyslexia / SpLDs. Feel free to pass this on to any colleagues who may be interested, too.

These 3 short workshops can be combined into an afternoon / evening session:

Raising Awareness of Specific Learning Differences (SpLDs)   (practical ways of helping students, their peers and their tutors to understand the challenges of SpLDs, and so build a more inclusive learning environment)

Memory strategies for language learners (techniques that students can use to become more effective language learners)

Phonological awareness for multilingual learners (an exploration of some aspects of phonology which are not usually covered in phonics sessions, but which EAL/ESOL learners may need to pay attention to).

The booking form (attached) has more information about what each one covers..

Also, in June we are running a whole week of CPD in Lancaster, covering a range of topics not usually found elsewhere, such as working with beginners, encouraging reluctant learners, adapting published materials to make them more accessible for dyslexic learners, and working with International students in HEIs. This week will finish with the annual free event: the Research Round-up on Saturday 10th June.

Again, the booking form attached here has more information.

If you have any questions, do get back to me.
Best wishes,
Anne Margaret
ELT well

*********************************** ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an interest in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research, School of Education, University of Leeds. To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html To contact the list owner, send an email to [log in to unmask]