Good morning,

I was wondering whether it would be possible to promote ESOL volunteering opportunities at the Cardinal Hume Centre amongst your contacts.
If so, please forward the message below with the attachments.

Many thanks.
Kind regards,
Sylwia

Good afternoon,

I am writing to let you know that we are now recruiting volunteers for a couple of roles in our Learning department/ ESOL. I would be very grateful if you would be happy to share this information with your students/contacts or on relevant noticeboards.

The full role descriptions and an application form is attached. In essence we are looking for the following:

One-One English Teachers (ESOL)
Help a learner with speaking, listening, reading and writing for just an hour or so per week. We are looking for CELTA/TRINITY TESOL qualified teachers and this is a great opportunity for recently qualified teachers who want to gain experience.

Cover Teachers (ESOL)
We are looking for CELTA/ TRINITY TESOL qualified teachers with at least 6 months experience to run two-hour English classes on an ad-hoc basis as and when required during the day (Monday – Friday, mornings or afternoons ). This is to provide cover when our regular volunteer  teachers are on holiday or sick. This could develop in to a regular role (one or two classes per week in term time) for those who are interested.

Do let me know if you need any more information.

With thanks for your support.

Kind regards, Emily

Emily Hynes

Volunteer Coordinator

Extension: 1204

Sylwia Lemanska

ESOL Coordinator

The Cardinal Hume Centre is participating in the London Legal Walk on the 22nd May 2017 which raises money for charities giving free legal advice in London. The money the Centre raises through the walk will go to help our advice services. Please make a donation through our fundraising page.

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/team/CardinalHumeCentre2017

[cid:image72152b.PNG@198c52ff.4a8e6555]

Cardinal Hume Centre
3 - 7 Arneway Street | Horseferry Road | London | SW1P 2BG

Tel: 020 7222 1602

[cid:image64404e.JPG@b55ea6a9.4f86506e]

<http://www.cardinalhumecentre.org.uk>

The Cardinal Hume Centre enables people to gain the skills they need to overcome poverty and homelessness.
We work with homeless young people, badly housed families and others in need.

Cardinal Hume Centre is a registered charity. Charity No. 1090836

The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this information.

ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an interest in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research, School of Education, University of Leeds.
To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html
To contact the list owner, send an email to