Apologies for cross-posting

Free Staff Networks Conference at University of Wolverhampton

On Wednesday 3rd May 2017, the University of Wolverhampton will be hosting a free national training conference for those involved or tasked with supporting HE Staff Networks.

Staff Networks are the voice of minority staff members within our workforces. They help our institutions understand the unique experiences and needs of staff members who may be underrepresented or otherwise marginalised within higher education. And they help ensure that our campuses are inclusive for all staff and students.

We will be welcoming Jessica Moody of the Equality Challenge Unit to discuss the role of Staff Networks within higher education, and the support that ECU can provide to them. We also be hearing from Cherron Inko-Tariah MBE, a former civil servant who worked to build Staff Networks within Government, and now advocates for stronger staff networks as a consultant and author of "The Power of Staff Networks".

It will also provide practical advice from the University of Wolverhampton's experience about how to create and support Staff Networks.

The event will be taking place in our Arthur Storer Building. For directions please consult our interactive map at http://www2.wlv.ac.uk/interactive-map/wolverhampton/index.html?open=mn

You can register for the event at https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/staff-networks-training-conference-tickets-33279254145