Hi,

Periodically I get the following error when launching Relion:

WARNING: trying to read pipeline.star, but .lock_default_pipeline.star exists!
 This is a protection against simultaneous writing to the pipeline by multiple instances of the GUI.
 You can override this by manually deleting the .lock_default_pipeline.star file.
 This instance of the GUI will try for 1 minute to see whether the lock disappears.
ERROR: PipeLine::read has waited for 1 minute for lock file to disappear. You may want to manually remove the file: .lock_default_pipeline.star
File: /home/rkhayat/TEMPUS/relion/src/pipeliner.cpp line: 470

I think the error also deletes the default_pipeline.star file, and thus the history of the session. Is there a way to regenerate the default_pipeline.star file and regain the history of the session? Thanks.

Best wishes,
Reza

Reza Khayat, PhD
Assistant Professor