Have you looked at a self rotation function? Is there a clear 3-fold axis perhaps?
Eleanor

On 27 April 2017 at 10:45, Mark J van Raaij <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Does the self-rotation function suggest presence of NCS axes? If so, this may help you figure out the symmetry inside the a.u..
If you haven't done so already, try diffracting a crystal at room temperature, to make sure cryo-protection and freezing did not affect the diffraction.
In any case, at 3.65Å I would recommend not to spend too much of your time on this dataset.
Just set your computer(s) to try MR with different parameters, numbers of copies to search for etc. Instead of 40 copies at 50% solvent, you may have down to 20 copies with 75% solvent (or maybe even less). Or more than 40 with less solvent (perhaps less likely). Even then, judging whether an MR solution is really correct might still not be that easy.
And in the meantime spend your own time to try to get derivatives and better-diffracting crystals. At better than 2.5Å resolution it will all be much easier, for instance auto-building with your input sequence will allow much better identification of correct MR solutions.
And if you are lucky, a heavy atom soaking experiment might actually improve the crystal.
If you haven't already, I'd also try to get some complementary information on whether your protein forms stable complexes. EM, SAXS and AUC come to mind.

Good luck!

Mark J van Raaij
Dpto de Estructura de Macromoleculas
Centro Nacional de Biotecnologia - CSIC