Hi Steven,

In a word, lots :)  In somewhat more detail ....

If this is a request to the CCP4 community, then the images and crystallization metadata from the Hauptman-Woodward Medical Research Institute High-Throughput Crystallization Center are packed in a rar format and users of the Center on CCP4bb can provide those directly to you. They are readable with the program MacroscopeJ, available from http://hwi.buffalo.edu/science/high-throughput-crystallization-center/analyzing-your-results/. The software is freely available. The Center itself does not share users images or data.

There are many examples of the images given in the publications listed on the crystallization research link to the Center, http://hwi.buffalo.edu/science/high-throughput-crystallization-center/crystallization-research/. The most up to date example is Luft, et al., (2015) Struct Dyn, 2, 041710 which is open access. Images in that paper were recorded by the Crystallization Screening Center and typical of those obtained. Further details and other image examples are given in the references cited within. The Center encourages potential users to check the publications list at the link above to best understand the capabilities, effective use, and optimization strategies.

A complete data set involves crystallization metadata and 1,536 images before the sample is added, immediately after, one day after, one week, two weeks, three weeks, and four, five, and six weeks after. These images are color video microscope images (recently upgraded from B/W) and are supplemented with a set of SONICC and UV-TPEF images. I'll ask the Center to add a one of  the QC sample sets or one from the many PSI program samples to the website for those that are interested. In each set you'll have almost 17,000 images to play with but at least it will be a good demonstration of the analysis software!

I don't believe it's appropriate to use the CCP4 board as an advertising medium and I apologize for this posting that comes close to that. I'd request that questions about the crystallization screening service be directed to the contacts on the getacrystal.org page. I'm sure they'd be happy to answer any specifics and they would be a appropriate direct contacts to get image examples than the bulletin board in general.

Best wishes and many successful crystallizations,

Eddie.

Edward Snell Ph.D.

President and CEO Hauptman-Woodward Medical Research Institute

Assistant Prof. Department of Structural Biology, University at Buffalo

700 Ellicott Street, Buffalo, NY 14203-1102

hwi.buffalo.edu

Phone:     (716) 898 8631         Fax: (716) 898 8660

Skype:      eddie.snell                 Email: [log in to unmask]

Heisenberg was probably here!