Hi,

I thought the following might be of interest to members of this list.

This is a final reminder about our face-to-face course, ‘DPTP: Digitisation – from project management to access' to be delivered on 28 April 2017. There are still a few places left. Course details and booking information is below.

If this is a bit short notice for you, see the link at the end of this email to find out more about other courses on our Digital Preservation Training Programme.

Best wishes,

Stephanie

Course Overview

This course is one day long. It is aimed at anyone who has a specific interest in planning how physical materials (for instance, from an archive or library) can be digitised. On this course you will gain an understanding the basic principles of designing and executing a digitisation project.

The course will cover the basics of digitisation, from the initial planning through project management to protecting and preserving the resulting digital assets for the long term. It explores preparation, project management, equipment/outsourcing, workflows and policies. It will also look at metadata, copyright and licensing, and managing access to the digitised content.

Learning Outcomes

By the end of this course, you will understand:

·        Project management, planning & selection for digitisation projects

Course Tutor

The course tutor, Ed Pinsent is part of the team that developed the award-winning original Digital Preservation Training Programme. Ed is a senior archivist based within CoSector Digital Preservation team at the University of London, and has been involved in many aspects of digital preservation since 2004. He has a traditional archivist and records manager background, and brings to his teaching a wide range of skills and experience from numerous digital preservation projects.

Who should attend?

·       Picture librarians

·       Digitisation managers

·       Research data managers

·       Project managers

·       Archivists

·       Librarians

·       Staff involved in the scanning process

·       Anyone with an interest in planning and managing a digitisation project, and the ongoing income generation and preservation of the resulting digitised assets

What Previous Attendees Thought:

·       "Very impressed. The course was very thorough and left me feeling confident knowing how to approach and execute a digitisation project."

·       "Good instructor, adept at explaining technical terms in layman's terms. Very accessible. Would recommend!"

·       "Provided an excellent overview of the many considerations, opportunities and pitfalls of a digitisation project"

·       "I am extremely glad to have been on this course and can now approach our project with knowledge and confidence"

·       "Very enlightening! Clear step by step guidance given. A very enjoyable course"

Next Steps