Hello. I have been digitising archival photographs, film and artwork with an Epson Expression 10000XL. The scanner is on it's last legs and we are now looking to replace it. Looking on the Epson site, there are 2 newer models, the 11000XL and the 12000XL. The 11000XL uses a Xenon fluorescent lamp and the 12000XL uses a ReadyScan LED technology. My question is which lamp would be less damaging to the artwork? I would think the LED, but would like a second opinion from the professional community to back up the case for whichever one I recommend we buy.
Thanks in advance. Barbara