Hi Ginevra

Sounds very familiar…

I use the microtome only for taking microscopic photographs – either for anatomical measurements or for publication-figures.

For all other uses I use razorblades by hand and without embedding.

If you have to make thinsections for photographs – maybe try the procedure in the attachment.

Good luck

Niels

--

Dr. Niels Bleicher