FOR CROSS POSTINGS

Dear All,

We have advertised for a new Lecturer in Urban Futures to complement and strengthen our work in the ‘Urban Futures’ research domain. The brief is broad enough to provide a great opportunity to an urban geographer working on urban citizenship; urban cultures; visions of urban futures; and/or technologies of future urbanism to join a dynamic and collegial department in King’s Geography. I am happy to answer questions relating to the Urban Futures domain, but for informal queries relating to the post please contact Head of Department, Mike Hulme, Email: [log in to unmask] or Tel: +44 (0)20 7848 2487

Lecturer in Urban Futures:

The post holder will be an integral member of the academic staff, enhancing student experience by teaching urban geography across undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes and contributing to the capacity of the Department to undertake world leading research, education and public engagement activities concerned with Urban Futures. The successful applicant should be able to demonstrate active research activity in the field of urban geography, ideally in an area which complements existing strengths in the Urban Futures domain. This domain explores questions of urban citizenship; urban cultures; visions of urban futures; and technologies of future urbanism.

You will have a passion for teaching and engaging with students at all levels and as part of the teaching and tutorial delivery team you will also be responsible for associated project supervision, examining and pastoral duties for both undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. A commitment to advanced education in the rapidly changing UK HE environment is essential. This post will form part of our investment in strengthening and deepening our research profile and the student experience in Geography at King’s and is consistent with the Department and Faculty's vision for growth and commitment to research excellence.

For details of the post and to apply :

https://www.hirewire.co.uk/HE/1061247/MS_JobDetails.aspx?JobID=75168

For the Urban Futures research domain:

http://www.kcl.ac.uk/sspp/departments/geography/research/Research-Domains/Urban-Futures/About-Us.aspx

Best wishes

***************************************

Dr Ayona Datta

Reader in Urban Futures

Urban Futures Research domain chair

Programme Director, MA/MSc Sustainable Cities

Department of Geography

King’s College London

Strand Campus, London WC2R 2LS

Tel: +44 207 848 1734

Email: [log in to unmask]

http://www.kcl.ac.uk/sspp/departments/geography/people/academic/datta/Biography.aspx

NEW BOOK ‘Mega-urbanization in the global South: Fast cities and new urban utopias of the postcolonial state’ (Routledge 2017)

Editor Dialogues in Human Geography

Editor Urban Geography

AHRC Utopian Cities Network

Blog The City Inside Out