Hello friends and colleagues,

Upping the Anti is looking for abstract submissions for our 20th issue. I
really encourage people to submit an abstract or idea. Take a peak at our
website for more info: http://uppingtheanti.org/

Here's the official call for the next issue:

*Upping the Anti: A Journal of Theory and Action* is a radical print
journal that is published twice a year by a collection of activists and
organizers from across Canada. Since we began 10 years ago, we have been
dedicated to publishing grassroots, radical analysis of various issues and
struggles related to anti-capitalism, anti-imperialism, and all forms of
oppression. We are now currently accepting submissions for our 20th issue!

*Upping the Anti* strongly believes that praxis – the unity of theory and
practice – is integral to building revolutionary movements that are strong,
sustainable, and effective. A key aspect of praxis is the ability to
critically reflect on where our struggles are at, and use this reflection
to develop new strategies of resistance and learn from our allied
movements. As such, we are committed to working with activists and
organizers that are interested in distilling lessons learned from the
struggle. We prioritize analysis that leads to political clarification, new
strategies of resistance, and a synthesis of different political views.

In our previous issues we have published articles and interviews by
renowned organizers and scholars such as Slyvia Federici, Himani Bannerji,
Ward Churchill, Grace Lee Boggs, Michael Hardt, Sunera Thobani, John
Holloway, Andrea Smith, and many more. We’ve covered a wide array of topics
ranging from Palestinian solidarity, the state of organized labour,
Indigenous sovereignty and solidarity, self-care, trans politics,
revolutionary theory, transnational movements, prison abolition, to
feminist and anti-racist praxis in organizing, just to name a few.

Each issue contains a diverse group of activists and organizers that
reflect on the state of our movements today. We publish articles,
interviews, roundtables, and book reviews in order to engage with our
collective resistance in multiple ways.

Have an idea that you’d like to work through and publish with us? We’d love
to hear about it! Please send us a 1-page pitch of your idea by April 15,
2017. Include a brief description of your topic, your main questions, and
how you will address the questions. In addition to this, send us a small
writing sample and biographical note about yourself.

Before submitting a pitch, please take a look at the *UTA* style guide,
which can be found here <http://www.uppingtheanti.org/submit/>. We also
recommend taking a look at our back issues to ensure you’re familiar with
the topics we’ve covered (to prevent overlap) and to get acquainted with
the style of writing and reflection we publish.

Pitches are due *April 15, 2017*. We will respond to all the pitches we
receive, and if yours is accepted we will ask for a first draft to be
submitted by June 1, 2017. Please submit all pitches to

We look forward to your ideas!

--
"There will be a time when our silence will be more powerful than the
voices you strangle today.”