Ok, thank you!

For some reason I understood that rc images were subject to an affine deformation, not to a rigidid one! If that’s the case, everything makes sense now!

Thank you!

Luca

Da: SPM (Statistical Parametric Mapping) [mailto:[log in to unmask]] Per conto di John Ashburner
Inviato: mercoledì 22 marzo 2017 16:16
A: [log in to unmask]
Oggetto: Re: [SPM] AW: [SPM] How should rc* images look like?

That's correct.  The "imported" images are rigidly transformed to be as close to the MNI space as a rigid transform will allow.  This is determined by a Procrustes analysis ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Procrustes_analysis ) of the nonlinear deformations, weighted by the grey matter.
Brains in MNI space are a bigger than any typical brain, so the imported images will all appear smaller by comparison.
Best regards,
-John