Dear Colleagues

We are looking to appoint an External Examiner for our undergraduate credit-bearing Contemporary Britain courses, and for our Academic Skills provision.  These are both taught by staff from the Centre for the Development of Academic Skills (CeDAS) at Royal Holloway, University of London.  The appointment will be for four years.

The Contemporary Britain half-course units offer international students (both native speakers and non-native speakers) opportunities to understand better how arts and humanities subjects are studied at first year undergraduate level in a British university, and to gain an understanding of culture and society in the UK during the post-war period. Further details of these courses can be found here:

https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/ecampus/cedas/contemporarybritaincourses/home.aspx.

The Academic Skills provision is non-credit bearing, and includes Academic Writing and Communication for all UG and PGT students (including a range of subject specific support), Academic English courses for International Students, and Maths and Stats support.  Further details can be found here: https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/ecampus/cedas/home.aspx.

For more information on the terms and conditions for External Examiners at Royal Holloway, please visit: https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/iquad/services/academicqualityandpolicyoffice/externalexamineronlineresource/externalexamineronlineresource.aspx.

Please send expressions of interest and a CV to [log in to unmask] by 18th April 2017.  With informal enquiries please contact the same email address or call 01784 414687.

Best regards

Silke

Silke Placzeck

Head

Centre for the Development of Academic Skills (CeDAS)

IN033 | Royal Holloway, University of London | Egham | Surrey | TW20 0EX

T: +44 (0)1784 443110

E: [log in to unmask]

CeDAS is proud to host: