Dear Fred

The first might be As Easy as ABC but America not Europe. The second more like Edgar Rice Burroughs than RK.

No obvious matches, though .

All best, John R

Sent from my iPhone

On 27 Mar 2017, at 19:50, Fred Lerner <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

A friend relayed a note that he received from an acquaintance of his: “I have this vague impression that I am aware of at least two Kipling science fiction stories, one involving a devastated Europe after a future war, and the other a fellow who escapes with his lady-love in an airship of some sort to a tropical jungle paradise. At a rough guess, I read them both 50 years ago, and do not remember any more details of either of them.”

These don’t sound like any Kipling story that I’ve ever heard of, but before telling my friend to tell his correspondent that these stories are certainly not by Kipling, I thought it would be a good idea to see what list members say about the matter.

Fred

Fred Lerner, D.L.S.
81 Worcester Avenue
White River Junction, Vermont  05001