As ever, Yan has done the trick for us - the quote comes from the last chapter of Something of Myself, the one entitled Working Tools.  In Tom Pinney's recent edition, it's about one third of the way down p. 127.  In the standard Macmillan edition, it's half way down p. 218.
Q. 2 - Dunno - if it's anywhere I suppose we might find it in one of Stalky's volumes of reminiscences - I'll see what i can find though I'm not v. hopeful - someone else might know, tho'.  And a look through the KJ archives might throw up something - or have you tried that already?
    Yours
    Alastair