Rather on the basis of buses coming along in threes, I think I may have
overstated the case that RK never showed the remotest interest in
joining the army - only to read in the current edition of /KJ/ which
came through my letterbox yesterday, that Kipling had his rooms in
Embankment Gardens decorated with army prints.  I still don't think he'd
ever had any interest in joining, but he /did/ admire the army and its
doings - hence /Soldiers Three, /and much else.
/Alastair Wilson/