PLEASE DO NOT HIT REPLY.  Visit http://researchtalk.com for more information, or email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

The 14th Annual Qualitative Research Summer Intensive
July 24 - 28, 2017 in Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Visit http://researchtalk.com/qrsi-2017/ for more information and to register.

As social life becomes more complex, we need to consider what techniques we use to unearth how people experience their daily lives.  Inspired by the title of George Kamberelis's course at this year's Qualitative Research Summer Intensive, Focus Groups: Tools for Inquiry, Pedagogy, and Social Advocacy/Activism, we want to suggest you expand your expertise in 3 critical areas:

1.       How you satisfy your intellectual curiosity

2.       How you teach

3.       How you discover the foundations of social issues that affect policy and uncover pathways to social action

The schedule of courses at QRSI 2017 highlights traditional and modern approaches to social inquiry. Knowledge of many topics can be expanded with any of these approaches. Which approach or approaches on this list suits your current work and/or the trajectory of your research agenda?

*         George Kamberelis's "Focus Groups: Tools for Inquiry, Pedagogy, and Social Advocacy/Activism"

*         Sherick Hughes's "Oral History: Purpose, Praxis and Possibility"

*         Carolyn Ellis's "Compassionate Interviewing"

*         Kevin Swartout's "Doing Qualitative Research Online"

*         Mario Small's "Doing Qualitative Research in the Big Data Era"

*         Carolyn Ellis and Art Bochner's "Evocative Autoethnography: Writing Lives and Telling Stories"

*         Alison Hamilton's "Implementation Research: Using Qualitative Research Methods to Improve Policy and Practice"

To begin to learn more about these approaches, review the descriptions for each of these courses at http://researchtalk.com/qrsi-2017-course-descriptions/.

*Special offer:
To increase your expertise in one or more of these areas, use the code "Inspire10" for a 10% discount on any of these courses you register for before Friday, March 24, 2017.  Visit http://researchtalk.com/qrsi-2017/ for more information and to register.

Hope to see you in July!