(with apologies for cross-posting)

List members might be interested in attending the Creative Collisions conference on 3 May at the Mermaid Theatre in Blackfriars, London.

www.creative-collisions.org.uk

Creative Collisions is the leading conference for people who work in the youth sector and will bring together more than 300 people from across the sector, including youth workers, volunteers, sector experts and young people. It is an opportunity for leading experts in the youth sector, youth workers and young people themselves to come together to explore the issues that matter most to them.

Wellcome are pleased to be sponsoring the conference. We are interested in embedding science into the work of people who work with young people. Professor Sarah Jane Blakemore will give the keynote presentation on the workings of the adolescent brain. Between plenary sessions, there will be a selection of fantastic breakout panels, debates and workshops focused around four themes impacting and influencing the youth sector and young people today: Social Mobility, Identity, Youth Engagement and Skills for the Future.

Wellcome’s support for this event forms part of our work aimed at supporting young people affected by disadvantage. In the coming weeks and months I hope to share more details about the work we’ve been doing; evaluation results; and opportunities for partnership working between the sci comm and youth work sectors.

If you want to find out more details about the conference or Wellcome’s work in this area, please do get in touch.

Mat

(Creative Collisions is a partnership between UK Youth, The Scout Association, Girlguiding, Ambition, Leap Confronting Conflict, National Citizen Service, National Youth Agency, The Mix, and vInspired.)

Dr Mat Hickman

Programmes Manager – Science Learning

@WTeducation | @mathickman

T +44 (0)20 7611 8825

M +44 (0)7974 083 689 <- this has just changed!

Wellcome Trust

215 Euston Road

London NW1 2BE

United Kingdom

wellcome.ac.uk

Wellcome exists to improve health for everyone by helping great ideas to thrive. We're a global charitable foundation, both politically and financially independent. We support scientists and researchers, take on big problems, fuel imaginations and spark debate.

The Wellcome Trust is a charity registered in England and Wales, no. 210183. Its sole trustee is The Wellcome Trust Limited, a company registered in England and Wales, no. 2711000 (whose registered office is at 215 Euston Road, London NW1 2BE, UK)

This message has been scanned for viruses by Websense Hosted Email Security

psci-com how-to: Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask]. If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send requests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask]

• signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages)