Hello all,

The London SciComm Socials Symposium is happening again on 11th May 2017!

You can see details of the event, and book a place here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/london-scicomm-socials-symposium-2017-tickets-32574020773

In September 2015 we started the London SciComm Socials as a chance for science communicators* from across London to get together. Last year we held our first ever symposium and over 140 people from across the UK joined us to share their work and their ideas.

On Thursday 11th May 2017 we are doing it all again, only BIGGER, BETTER, and in East London...

This year we are partnering with the QMUL Centre for Public Engagement (CPE), and Centre of the Cell (www.centreofthecell.org<http://www.centreofthecell.org>).

The entire conference is operating on a no-fee, zero-budget basis. We are not paying anyone, including the organisers and speakers. Tickets are free, but to book a place, we are asking people to donate £10 to charity. All the money we collect will go to The Stifford Centre, a charity based in Stepney Green whose mission is to provide services to local people that will inspire them and provide them with optimum opportunities to make positive changes to their lives.

Please join us in sharing learning across the scicomm and public engagement sector, and raising money for charity along the way.

* We’ve met academics from a range of subjects (not all science!), teachers, learned society staff, people who co-ordinate public engagement in universities, social media people, TV presenters, podcasters, writers, performers, documentary film makers, comedians, press officers, scicomm students, bloggers, historians of science, museum folk and we want to meet even more people!

You can also follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/SciCommSocLDN and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/LondonSciCommSocials/

I hope we see some of you at the event!

Thank you,

Kimberley Freeman | Executive Officer for Public Engagement and Manager, Centre for Public Engagement

Centre for Public Engagement
Office of the Principal
Queen Mary University of London

T: +44 (0) 207 882 7742
E109, Queens’ Building, 327 Mile End Road, London, E1 4NS

http://www.qmul.ac.uk/publicengagement/
@engageqm<http://bit.ly/engageqm>

The Centre for Public Engagement<http://bit.ly/CPEhome> provides advice, training and support to projects and activities that involve the public with Queen Mary and our research and teaching. We give advice in seeking and applying for external funding, and can discuss how to get started, design an activity or maximise its impact through one-to-one support, training<http://bit.ly/cpetraining> and regular advice surgery<http://bit.ly/qmcpesurgeries> drop-in sessions. Our monthly small funding<http://bit.ly/cpefunding> rounds also provide up to £1,000 for Queen Mary public engagement projects.

psci-com how-to:
Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask] If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send requests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask]

• signoff psci-com (to leave the list)