On Sat, Mar 18, 2017 at 2:00 PM, Lubomir Savov Popov <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> If the computer guys are relying on swarm intelligence, they have to brace
> up and think about new design methods.

​computer guys?  You mean Eric von Hippel? or me?

Neither of us consider ourselves to be computer guys.  We use our
observations -- and the workarounds that ordinary people create to solve
their needs -- as inspiration for the kinds of issues they face and that
need solution.

From there, it is good old-fashioned creativity that is required.  We will
always need creative designers, creative people: The reliance on
observations, mining the wisdom of others, (what you incorrectly call
"swarm intelligence") is a powerful way to discover hidden needs.

(Swarm intelligence refers to a completely different concept. One that was
not in my discussion.)

don