Agreed. Setting an arbitrary numerical standard (such as 15%) is an
abdication of faculty judgment, as far as I'm concerned. There is no
acceptable percentage of plagiarized content, and since you can't trust the
app to discern between properly and improperly cited sources, setting a
numerical cut-off makes no sense at all.

CARMA GORMAN, Ph.D., Associate Professor and Assistant Chair
The University of Texas at Austin  |  Department of Art and Art History