Dear PhD-Design list members,
We would like to let you know that we are in the process of planning the Design Research Society 2018 Limerick International Conference which will be hosted by the University of Limerick and Limerick Institute of Technology.
The general theme of the DRS2018 Limerick conference is ‘Design as a catalyst for change’. http://www.drs2018limerick.org/. The dates of the conference are 25th–28th June 2018.
We seek papers, case studies, or designs that act as a powerful catalyst for change in one or more of the three areas of Design Research, Practice, and Policy.

In DRS2018 ‘Design as a catalyst for change’ we will critically engage with our key research questions:
How can design research help explore the changing territorial contexts of design practice and/or policy?
How can design, as a catalyst, shape the relationship between research and practice?
How can design, and social, economic and political change, shape each other?

Please let us know whether you and your colleagues would be interested to propose and organise a specific track session, which will be incorporated into the Call for Papers for the upcoming DRS2018 conference. The track proposal should consist of:
-- a track session title
-- a proposed 2 to 3 sub-chairs for the session who together with the chair will oversee the review process for track submissions.

-- a track session outline to provide a context (up to 250 words)
-- up to 5 references to indicate the track session’s scope
-- if the proposed track aligns with one of the DRS SIGs please indicate which one (the list of SIG can be access via this link http://www.designresearchsociety.org/index.php/special-interest-groups)
Examples of DRS 2016 conference track outlines are available at these links:
https://drs2016.squarespace.com/theme-tracks-special-interest-groups/
https://drs2016.squarespace.com/track-themes/

To allow us to incorporate the track into the Call for Papers, the track session proposals should be submitted to https://www.conftool.pro/drs2018/ on or before the 16th May 2017.
The Track proposals will be reviewed by the track organising committee. Successful track proposals will be publicised on the website as part of the conference call. Paper submissions for successful track sessions will take place via the online submission system.
Best wishes from the DRS2018 Conference Committee