Dear all,

I want to check the plate count in Retzsch’s Outlines to Shakspeare. First Series. Hamlet (1828).  The title-page says ‘seventeen plates’, but the copy I have here has only sixteen (the frontispiece and fifteen plates at the end) and the printed Erlaeuterungen und Andeutungen (pp. [iii]-xi) in the book itself only describe sixteen plates (the first being the frontispiece).  This looks to be the case with the Folger copy, too, to judge from HAMNET.

If your library has a copy, could I ask you please to check it for me and confirm (or otherwise) that what I have here is complete, despite what the title says?

With many thanks, and best wishes,

Simon

Simon Beattie Ltd

Rare books, manuscripts, music, ephemera

Award-winning catalogues.  Regular blog.

84 The Broadway | Chesham | Buckinghamshire | HP5 1EG | UK

tel.  +44 (0)1494 784954 | mobile/voicemail  +44 (0)7717 707575 | e-mail  [log in to unmask]

VAT no.  GB 983 5355 83

Website | Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest

Member of the ABA and ILAB

'If you have not got a copy of Beattie Short List 1, get it at once' (The Book Collector)