*apologies for cross posting*

One of UK's foremost information ethics expert to address CILIP conference
CILIP, the library and information association, is excited to bring Luciano Floridi, Professor of Philosophy and Ethics of Information at the Oxford Internet Institute, University of Oxford to CILIP Conference 2017.
Faculty Fellow of the Alan Turing Institute (ATI) and Chair of the ATI's Data Ethics Research Group and Working Group on Data Ethics, Professor Floridi's areas of expertise include the philosophy of information, computer ethics, information ethics, data ethics and the philosophy of technology. He is a member of the EU's Ethics Advisory Group on Ethical Dimensions of Data Protection and the Google Advisory Board on "the right to be forgotten".
Professor Floridi said: "It is a timely opportunity to exchange ideas with the library and information community who, together with journalists and experts, are experiencing a profound evolution of their role from keepers to curators of the infosphere. I am pleased to have the opportunity to speak to library and information colleagues in Manchester as we face profound challenges and disruption across the information society."
The CILIP Conference takes place 5-6 July 2017 in Manchester and will bring information, library and knowledge professionals together to discuss, understand and share insight into the key issues for the sector. Professor Floridi joins opening keynote Dr Carla Hayden, the 14th Librarian of Congress, and the first African American and first female to be appointed to the prestigious role. The full programme is to be announced shortly.
New for the 2017 conference will be the introduction of a Future Trends strand aimed at Heads of Service, Senior Managers and decision makers, and will focus on the key changes we face in the future, how they will impact us and what we can do to prepare and influence the outcome. The conference will also include a range of expert-led workshops to encourage discussion, knowledge sharing and cross-sectorial learning to provide delegates with the practical skills and knowledge to positively influence the future.
Book your place at the CILIP Conference 2017<http://bit.ly/conf17j1> before 28 April for an early-bird discount.
http://cilipconference.org.uk/keynote-speakers

lis-e-resources is a UKSG list - http://www.uksg.org
Follow us on Twitter:  https://twitter.com/UKSG