Hello all,

I have had a query about how to systematically gather the impact of a government paper which does not have a DOI.  Are there any altmetrics services that can gather news, social media mentions etc about such a paper?
I'm aware that googling a documents URL can give results where the URL has been embedded, but wondered if there was a service that collated the information in an easy to use format?

On a related note, is anyone aware whether there has been any lobbying for government papers such as these to be given a DOI?

Any words of wisdom gratefully received!

Best wishes,

Vicky

Vicky Wallace
Subject Support for Psychology
Library Services
Academic Services
University of Birmingham
Edgbaston
Birmingham   B15 2TT

Tel: +44 (0) 121 414 4140
http://intranet.birmingham.ac.uk/library<http://www.library.bham.ac.uk/>
http://orcid.org/0000-0003-3640-2223

Please note that I work on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays only.  For a response outside of these times please contact [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

The contents of this email may be privileged and are confidential. It may not be disclosed to or used by anyone other than the addressee, nor copied in any way. If received in error please notify the sender and then delete it from your system. Should you communicate with me by email, you consent to the University of Birmingham monitoring and reading any such correspondence.

[Signature]<http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/events/exhibitions/Inspiring-Knowledge.aspx>