HCLU Bulletin - Issue 223 - 8 March 2017

This e-mail contains graphics, if you don't see them »view it online.

mail
          HCLU Northern logo 2016 NHS logo
  HCLU Bulletin - Issue 223 - 8 March 2017

Network/HCLU News

Shadowing Opportunities for New Professionals - The NLPN (New Library Professional Network) would like to set up a page on their blog (https://nlpn.wordpress.com/) that lists names and contact details of librarians/info professionals who are able/willing to providing some shadowing opportunities to new professionals. If you would be willing to be added to this list then please email [log in to unmask] As a reminder if any of you are interesting in undertaking shadowing there are some useful resources on the Learning Zone - http://kfh.libraryservices.nhs.uk/learning-zone/career-pathway-and-vocational-skills/job-shadowing/

Knowledge for Healthcare

New post on the blog - What do I do now if I want a library apprentice?

New post on the blog - Share your innovations

New page on the blog - Sally Hernando Innovations 2017 Submissions

LIHNN Events

Bookings for the LIHNN New Starters event are now open

NE Events

Hold the Date - 25 May 2017 - HLN Study Day - venue tbc

NELL diary dates for 2017: We may decide not to use all four.

  • The March 30th meeting will be a ½ day training session on talent management in the morning. We are not planning a formal network meeting in the afternoon but if we want to have any informal discussions in the afternoon, we can do so.
  • Thursday June 22nd - Note the change of date
  • Thursday September 21st
  • Thursday December 14th

YOHHLNet Events

Marketing Masterclass - bookings now open

General Training and Development Opportunities

Call for Papers: NoWAL Conference - Library Evolution: developing academic libraries for the future - 20th July 2017

Knowledge exchange opportunity!

Library Carpentry: software & data training for librarians

PIF event: Involving Users In Developing Health Information, 17 May 2017

Awards

New digital innovation award, sponsored by the Innovation Agency: The search is on for people and projects where individual and organisational learning is driving development and transforming the healthcare sector in the North West. We are looking for brilliant people and brilliant ideas in any digital context

CILIP

Make your voice heard on membership

PMLG and CDEG Conference 2017 Announced!

CILIP K & IM Special Interest Group leaflet

The latest issue of CILIP Update is out

Resources

HDAS maintenance - this Thursday, 9th March from 6am: Please note that the NICE operations team needs to do some maintenance on HDAS and the service will be unavailable at 6am on Thursday morning (9th March) for about half an hour.

Knowledge@lerts 21 February 2017

Knowledge@lerts 28 February 2017 28 February 2017

Knowledge@lerts for Commissioners 7 March 2017

IFLA's How To Spot Fake News infographic

Infographic - Bad Health Years

Hay Festival 2017 - materials available now

Guidance publications from the Royal Colleges and other bodies - February 2017

Trip Pro - series of YouTube mini-tutorials aimed at helping users get the most from Triprip Pro - series of YouTube mini-tutorials aimed at helping users get the most from Trip

EBSCO Health - Online Training – March and April 2017

Newsletters, Briefings, Reports, Articles and Guidance

Mind Tools Newsletter 467: 5 Ways to Rid Your Team of Rudeness

Mind Tools Newsletter 468: How to "Roll With the Punches"

HEE Matters Issue 79

HEE Research and Innovation Bulletin February 2017

NoWAL Annual Review 2016

PIF Aware w/e 3 March 2017: creating online information, developing good 'easy read' information, and job adverts

Recent work on mapping the value of a library

Forthcoming Meetings and Events

9 March 2017 - Finding and summarising the evidence for service transformation - Wirral

10 March 2017 - Big Day Out Up North (open to all) - York

14 March 2017 - LIHNN Library Managers - Warrington

30 March 2017 - NELL meeting - tbc

4 April 2017 - LIHNN New Starters - Wigan

7 April 2017 - LKSL Facilitating Action Learning Sets Pt.4 - Leeds

12 May 2017 - YOHHLNet Marketing Masterclass - Leeds

25 May 2017 - HLN Study Day - tbc

13 June 2017 - LIHNN/HCLU Briefing - tbc

22 June 2017 - NELL meeting - tbc - Note change of date

10 July 2017 - Health Information Study Day - Leeds - Note change of date

12 September - LIHNN Library Managers - tbc

21 September 2017 - NELL meeting - tbc

3 October 2017 - LIHNN New Starters - Wigan

5 December 2017 - LIHNN Christmas Study Day - tbc

14 December 2017 - NELL meeting - tbc

Need a lift to a LIHNN/HCLU event?
We have a list of colleagues in the NW (list was updated in May 2016) who are willing to provide a lift to LIHNN/HCLU events. If you would like to be added to this list please contact Gil Young

HCLU Team Details

Back to Top

--
- message