From: "Uchegbu, Ijeoma" <[log in to unmask]>

 Health Economist role: The NIHR-Diagnostic Evidence Cooperative (DEC London) and  Oxford Academic Health Science Network (Oxford AHSN)

We are seeking to appoint a Health Economist to undertake economic evaluations within the Imperial College NIHR-Diagnostic Evidence Cooperative (DEC London), for projects sponsored by the Oxford Academic Health Science Network (Oxford AHSN). The appointee will be working in a dynamic group of methodologists and clinicians.

DEC London is one of four NIHR national centres of expertise for point of care diagnostics with the overall aim to develop systems for evidence generation and integration of point of care in-vitro diagnostics into clinical practice. Oxford AHSN brings together NHS providers of healthcare services, clinical commissioning groups and leading universities across Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Milton Keynes and Bedford. We are the designated by NHS England as the Academic Health Science Network (AHSN) for this region and are hosted by Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. Through collaboration and innovation, we support our local health system to provide the best possible health and care outcomes for the 3.3 million patient population.

This is an excellent opportunity for health economists and practitioners with keen interests in developing their expertise in assessment of medical technologies. It is particularly suitable for candidates who want to advance their academic career in the relevant area and enjoy the challenge of working with a diverse group of stakeholders.

An MSc degree or equivalent in Health Economics or a related discipline is essential. It is essential that you should have a track record of research experiences. Experience of working in a clinical setting is desirable.

This is a full-time post for one-year in the first instance.

The College is supportive of flexible working.  The Department is happy to discuss the possibility of implementing such arrangements for this post, with suitably qualified people subject to operational arrangements.

Informal enquiries should be directed to Dr Melody Ni ([log in to unmask]).

For further information and how to apply: https://www4.ad.ic.ac.uk/OA_HTML/OA.jsp?page=/oracle/apps/irc/candidateSelfService/webui/VisVacDispPG&akRegionApplicationId=821&transactionid=1108464442&retainAM=Y&addBreadCrumb=S&p_svid=50937&p_spid=1822516&oapc=7&oas=um27pCBlUy1Tt2M7W3GZ0g..