Dear colleagues,

A final reminder to submit abstracts for this summer’s Goldschmidt meeting
in Paris (August 13-18, 2017).

Please consider...

*Session 6a: “The Archean Metamorphic Record”*

We welcome contributions from a variety of disciplines, including but not
limited to petrology, geochemistry, and geochronology. Abstracts related to
geodynamic modeling of Archean tectonics are also welcome.

*Keynote speaker: Tim Johnson (Curtin University)*

Session description:

“The Archean represents a crucial stage in Earth’s evolution, associated
with the formation and stabilization of cratonic crust, the possible
initiation of “modern” plate tectonics, and the evolution of primitive
life. An often cryptic record of these processes is present in the
metamorphic rock record, which we typically understand by comparison with
rocks from younger tectonic events. This session seeks to better understand
metamorphic processes in early Earth history, with particular emphasis on
novel approaches using geochemical, geochronological, and geodynamic
observations/models. We welcome contributions related to a) observations
from the Archean metamorphic rock record, b) links between ancient
metamorphism and modern analogs, c) technological and interpretative
advances that allow Archean metamorphism to be investigated in more detail,
and d) geodynamic models explaining the conditions and durations of Archean
tectono-metamorphism.”

The abstract deadline is April 1, 2017 (23:59 CET)

Conveners:

Mark J. Caddick (Virginia Tech, USA

Besim Dragovic (Boise State/Virginia Tech, USA)

Abstract submission information can be found at:
https://goldschmidt.info/2017/abstracts

Cheers,

Besim and Mark

--
Besim Dragovic
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University