Hi,

Just to add to this.
There is no single way to orthogonalise two EVs with respect to each other, as it is not really well defined.  So almost all packages will do it serially, as we do.  This is not usually a problem though as it is very hard to find a scenario where you would ever want to orthogonalise two EVs wrt each other.  In fact, we recommend strongly against orthogonalisation in general, as there are very limited circumstances when it gives a sensible answer, and in other cases it often returns a biased/invalid/unwanted/inflated result.

All the best,
Mark