Hi there,

I hope this finds you well.

Asylum Aid is hosting an event at the end of the month to launch and discuss our findings from research into women’s experience of the asylum appeals process. I would really appreciate it if you could distribute this message to the network:

Asylum Aid will be launching its key report on Women in the asylum appeals process which has shed new light on this otherwise relatively obscure part of the system. This follows on from our research on women’s asylum applications which has found a significant protection gap which puts women at a serious disadvantage.

We’re holding an event on the evening of 30 March at Garden Court Chambers at which we will be discussing the report, and there will be a wide-ranging panel discussion about how we can make the process fairer for women and share best practice. The panel will feature immigration judges, researchers, civil society practitioners as well as a woman who has first-hand experience of going through the system.

You can find out more information and sign up here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/report-launch-making-the-asylum-appeals-process-fair-for-women-tickets-32232142205?ref=enivtefor001&invite=MTE2NDI0NjUvY2lhcmFuLnByaWNlQG1pZ3JhbnRzLm9yZy51ay8w&utm_source=eb_email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=inviteformalv2&ref=enivtefor001&utm_term=attend

Best wishes

Ciaran Price
Communications and Public Affairs Officer
Main line: 020 7 354 9631
Email: [log in to unmask]

Note: The material contained in this communication comes to you from the Forced Migration Discussion List which is moderated by the Refugee Studies Centre (RSC), Oxford Department of International Development, University of Oxford. It does not necessarily reflect the views of the RSC or the University. If you re-print, copy, archive or re-post this message please retain this disclaimer. Quotations or extracts should include attribution to the original sources.

E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Posting guidelines: http://www.forcedmigration.org/research-resources/discussion/forced-migration-discussion-list-posting-guidelines