Sent: 02 March 2017 14:06
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Withdrawing absent students

does anyone else do this? I am genuinely concerned I am doing something I shouldn't be (or may just that Pearson have no idea what they're talking about!)

Please advise if you can?

Lauren McLachlan
| Exams Manager
Ashton Sixth Form College, Darnton Road, Ashton-under-Lyne, OL6 9RL
t:
0161 330 2330
e:
[log in to unmask] w: www.asfc.ac.uk

ashton image banner

Sent: 01 March 2017 15:53
To: [log in to unmask]

Hi,

This is exactly what we have always done for AS and A level exams. We don’t have many BTECs with external assessments yet so it’s not something I’ve needed to do for them.

The only thing we have to bear in mind for the Summer exams is that we don’t withdraw any units we may be requesting an enhanced grade for.

Regards - Fiona

Sent: 01 March 2017 15:31
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Withdrawing absent students

Hello everyone,

It has been usual practice in our centre to withdraw candidates from exams if they do not arrive.  We submit an amendment file at the end of each exam series to the exam boards. In addition they are marked as withdrawn on our internal systems.

Is this usual practice in your centre?

I telephone edexcel this morning to query my BTEC results.  They seemed to indicate I should not be withdrawing students unless it is prior to the exam date.

Any information / advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Lauren McLachlan
| Exams Manager
Ashton Sixth Form College, Darnton Road, Ashton-under-Lyne, OL6 9RL
t:
0161 330 2330
e:
[log in to unmask] w: www.asfc.ac.uk

ashton image banner

This email is confidential and is for the attention of the addressee only. Esher College accept no responsibility for information, errors or omissions contained in it. If you received this email in error, please inform us by reply and delete all copies from your system. No legally binding commitments are, or will, be created by this email and where it is our intention to create such legally binding commitments, we will do so through hard copy correspondence or documents. All email received and sent by us may be monitored to protect the business interests of Esher College.

“This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Ashton Sixth Form College. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email and its contents is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender.”

Cardinal Newman College

Cardinal Newman College, Lark Hill Road, Preston PR1 4HD
Tel. 01772 460181    www.cardinalnewman.ac.uk

#WEARENEWMAN - THE TOP SIXTH FORM COLLEGE IN LANCASHIRE TwitterFacebook

This correspondence is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential information and is intended solely for the named addressee. If you receive this correspondence in error, please notify the sender and delete it from your system. You must not disclose, copy or rely on any part of this correspondence if you are not the intended recipient. The views or opinions expressed in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Cardinal Newman College.